Friday, February 1, 2013

Fabric choice for hexagon quilt - fabric with memories!

So here is where I am finally going to talk about the fabric that I chose for my baby hexie quilt. I dug through my two boxes of fabric and found my most treasured ones on the bottom of one of the boxes - they are as old as I am, probably, and were used in many things I cherished when was a kid. Last sumer when we went back home, I embarqued on a memory hunt and one of the things I did was I asked my grandma for some fabric scraps, and she gave me a couple saying that she is sorry that she really doesn't have anything of worth. Oh how mistaken she was! This colorful and unique motive that brings back so many sweet childhood memories being in my future baby quilt is the most wonderful thing that could ever happen to a crafter like me! So I chose the big piece as the lead fabric and the rest of the fabric will be chosen in that color scheme. Also the blue polkadot and the red squares are from the same grandma's stash giving this quilt a vintage look! I have a photo from my first grade to just give you an idea of what this fabric means to me!

1 comment:

  1. I think any subjects will give you a good memories from childhood are priceless. It was such a great idea to bring old fabric your grandmother made your clothe.if you make something with it will always connect you to your past.

    ReplyDelete