Sunday, January 20, 2013

Two little heads

The little project that I was talking about earlier today is my new doll. It has been a while since I made a doll, or a bear for that matter, but for some reason I got inspired and decided to try and make a little girl. I only made few dolls in my life and I am still looking for my style, I think I am moving in the right direction now. I always used polymer clay and viscose for hair. I've made cloth and clay, clay only, I used yarn for hair as well, I drew my own eyes and used glass eyes. I seem to like cloth body and clay head, arms and legs. The hair and the eyes are still an experimental venue for me. I also want to try different clay medias like paper clay.
But back to my new work in progress... This girl has some amazing hair! I spent hours wigging her and it is worth it! It is soft and natural and it stays on her head, and even can be combed! I made the base for the wig out of cloth and then glued it on her head and it turned out perfect! When I will be making my next doll I will be sure to make a wigging tutorial. She is going to be wearing some warm clothes as she has a baby polar bear for a pet and as we all know those creatures don't live in hot climates. I made the bear head while the doll was drying or baking and I used the kit I purchased long time ago. It is not easy to make a tiny bear like that, but I am learning to incorporate needle felting in bear making and this is something I wanted to do for a long time.
I will be sure to show the final product. This little duo has been such a pleasure to make so far! But there is much more to be done! For now I have to go back to bed and be sick, as I get tired very fast.
What exciting projects are you guys up to?

3 comments:

  1. I always wanted to try needle felting. Maybe you should do a workshop for one of our craft nights :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I'm no pro but I have the suplies and basic knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi!

    I nominated you for the Liebster award! :)
    http://moonlightgoodbyes.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete