Thursday, December 27, 2012

One point perspective

I am honest in this space - I don't know how to do anything. But I want to do everything. So I beg my grandmas and mom to teach me whatever they know (knitting, crocheting), and then figure out the rest via books, online, or common sense (doll making, photography, cross stitching, embroidery, miniature making, etc.) So what comes out of that is far from perfect. I attempt it anyways, because this is how you learn! And also, I wouldn't let anyone tell me that I can't do it. I guess my ignorance is my blessing in this case.
So not so long ago, I decided I want to learn how to sketch. I like pencil and I want to be able to sit down and quickly jot down something I see. I have been playing with it in a more or less regular basis. Today I decided to look for some help online and I found these youtube videos about one, two, and three point perspective. So I took a photo of a street in San Francisco that I took a year ago that was one point perspective and began figuring it out. It is hard is all I can say! Seriously I am going to take some classes or something once I am done with dental hygiene school...
Anyways, this is my work in progress, which my husband said looks nothing like San Francisco or one point perspective. Haha! Oh well, I feel pretty good considering it is my first try and I know nothing about it... Actually overwhelmed is a better way to describe my feelings... Maybe the other side of the street will look better...

P.S yeh, I know, the street is completely flat, in reality it is suppose to curve up, but that is beyond my abilities at this point! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment